What is a lemon?
There are many varieties of lemon such as Kagji lemon, Bijori lemon, Jammari lemon, Sweet lemon, etc. Most of the paper lemons are used as medicine. Its tree is full of thorns. The fragrance comes from flowers.
- Different names in different languages
- The botanical name of lemon is Citrus aurantifolia and it belongs to the family Rutaceae, but it is also known by other names.
- Lemon in-
- English – Bitter Orange, Beigered Orange, Seville Orange, Lime, Sour Orange
- English – Sour lemon, Kagji lemon
- Sanskrit – Brihat Jambir, Nimbuk
- Urdu – Limu
- Kannada – Bijpur
- Tamil – Champalam
- Telugu – Bijapuram
- Bengali – Lebu
- Nepali – Bimiro
- Manipuri – Champra
- Marathi – Ambatnimbu, Limbu
- Arabic – Libu
- Persian – Libu
Benefits of lemon
What is the Ayurvedic property of lemon, and what is its effect
Almost everyone knows about lemon, people make many types of dishes using lemon. Lemon chutney, lemon juice. Lemon is the main source of vitamin C. Consumption of lemon is helpful in curing scurvy disease. Many types of diseases are cured by the use of lemon
Lemon has a special place in Ayurveda. Lemon can be used to eliminate stomach worms, to get relief from stomach pain, to increase appetite, to cure Pitta and Kapha disorders, and can get benefits in many diseases.
Many species of lemon are found, such as Kagji lemon, Bijora lemon, Jammari lemon, sweet lemon, etc. In the form of medicine, more lemon is used, its tree is bushy, with thorns. The fragrance comes from flowers.
Nutrition value of lemon
Nutritional Value per 100 g (3.5 oz) of Raw Lemons
(The percentages are approximate percent daily values)
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g|
|Sugars (total)||2.50 g|
|Total lipid (fat)||0.30 g|
|Energy||121 kJ (29 kcal)|
|Vitamin A, RAE||1 ug (0%)|
|Thiamine (B1)||0.04 mg (3%)|
|Riboflavin (B2)||0.02 mg (2 %)|
|Niacin (B3)||0.1 mg (1 %)|
|Vitamin B5||0.19 mg (4%)|
|Vitamin B6||0.08 mg (5%)|
|Choline||5.1 mg (1%)|
|Folate, total||11 wg (3%)|
|Vitamin C||53.0 mg (59%)|
|Vitamin D, IU||0 (0%)|
|Vitamin E||0.15 mg (1%)|
|Calcium||26 mg (2 %)|
|Copper||0.037 mg (4%)|
|Iron||0.60 mg (3%)|
|Magnesium||8 mg (2 %)|
|Manganese||0.030 mg (1%)|
|Phosphorus||16 mg (1 %)|
|Potassium||138 mg (3%)|
|Selenium||0.4 Hg (1%)|
|Sodium||2 mg (0%)|
|Zinc||0.06 mg (1 %)|
Benefits of lemon for bleeding
Squeeze half a lemon into 1 cup of potable warm milk and drink it just before the milk bursts. This stops the bleeding immediately. This experiment should not be done more than twice
- Benefits of lemon in case of excessive thirst
- In case of excessive thirst, make lemon syrup and drink it. This cures the problem of excessive thirst.
- Taking 5 ml fruit juice mixed with honey, narykelodak and salt ends the problem of excessive thirst.
- Benefits of lemon in ulcer problems.
- Rub lemon peel on tongue ulcers and gums. It is beneficial in the problem of tongue ulcers and gums.
- Acne and facial wrinkles treatment with lemon.
- Mix half a teaspoon of honey in lemon juice and apply it on the face. Facial pimples and wrinkles are cured.
- Mix equal quantities of basil, lemon and black kansaudi and keep it in the sun. And rub its paste on the mouth. This acne can be removed.
Benefits of lemon for hair fall and dandruff
Lemon can be used to remove dandruff. Grind the fruits of amla in lemon juice. Applying it on the hair ends dandruff, and stops hair fall.
- properties of lemon treatment of skin diseases.
- If you are troubled by diseases like ringworm, scabies, or dark spots on the skin, then you can rub a piece of lemon on that place.
- If we use lemon juice daily then skin related problems get cured.
- Benefits of lemon in ringworm.
- Grind gooseberries and mix lemon juice in it and apply it on the itchy area, it provides immediate benefit in itching or itching.
- Mixing the juice of one lemon in a glass of boiled milk, adding glycerin to it, you can apply it on the body after half an hour, it removes dry skin and skin diseases.
Medicinal properties of lemon beneficial for reducing obesity
The use of lemon gives benefits to reduce obesity. Taking 2 teaspoons of lemon and 1 teaspoon honey in 200 ml lukewarm water on an empty stomach in the morning reduces obesity.
Benefits of lemon in eye pain
Dissolve lemon juice in an iron skillet. And when the juice turns black, you can apply it around the eyes. It removes eye pain.
Benefits of lemon in typhoid
Cut the lemon into two parts. Put ground black pepper and rock in one part. Fill the second part with sugar candy. Heat both and suck it. It works to cure typhoid that occurs after the rainy season.
Benefits of lemon in mental illness
In mental diseases, applying lemon juice on the forehead cures mental diseases.
Acidity treatment using lemon
You can take 5 ml fruit juice mixed with honey, narikelodak, and salt.
It cures acidity. The problem of excessive thirst is cured.
- use of lemon to increase appetite.
- Mix 3 ml lemon juice and honey.
- Taking it in the quantity of 20-20 drops increases appetite.
- The problem of loss of appetite is cured by consuming lemon juice.
- Taking 1-2 pieces of black pepper mixed with lemon juice and cloves in double water provides relief in loss of appetite.
- Cut a lemon and sprinkle black salt. Licking it also removes the problem of lack of appetite.
- Mixing some ginger and black salt in the juice of one lemon and drinking it ends the problem of lack of appetite.
- Take 5 ml fruit juice mixed with honey, narykelodak and salt.
- It increases appetite.
Benefits of lemon in food poisoning.
- Take lemon juice mixed with equal quantities of palandu juice and 1 gram camphor. This cures the problem of food poisoning.
- Benefits of lemon in stomach ache.
- Take 1-3 grams of raw lemon peel and eat it, it ends stomachache.
- Mix 3 ml lemon juice (nimbu pani ke interactions), 10 ml lime water and honey.
- Taking 15 – 20 drops of this gives relief in stomachache.
- Stop vomiting with the medicinal properties of lemon.
- In case of vomiting, drink 5-10 ml fresh lemon juice.
- Vomiting is cured by taking 6 ml fruit juice mixed with honey, narykelodak and salt.
- Elimination of stomach worms by the properties of lemon.
- Consuming lemon juice kills stomach worms.
- Drinking lemon juice mixed with honey ends the problem of stomach worms.
Use of lemon to avoid damage to Jamalgota
To eliminate the side effects of Jamalgota, mixing buttermilk water with lemon juice ends the side effects.
Stop diarrhea by the properties of lemon.
Taking 35 ml juice of Kagji lemon 2-4 times a day ends the problem of diarrhea.
- Use of lemon beneficial in cholera
- You should consume the juice of two lemons before meals every day.
- Consuming this or mixing sugar candy in the juice is beneficial in cholera.
- Taking equal quantities of palandu juice and 1 gram camphor mixed with lemon fruit juice is also beneficial in cholera.
- Jaundice treatment with lemon.
- The use of lemon is beneficial in jaundice. In this, applying lemon juice to the eyes is beneficial in jaundice.
- Lemon benefits in pittaja disorders
- Mixing 6 grams of sugar candy in the juice of one lemon helps in removing pitta dosha.
- Use of lemon beneficial in intestinal diseases
- Taking 5 ml fruit juice mixed with honey, narikelodak and salt provide benefits in intestinal diseases.
- Use of lemon is beneficial in urinary disease.
- Mix lemon fruit juice in boiled water. The problem of blood in urine, burning or swelling in urine is cured by its consumption.
- Mixing cucumber juice or narykelodak or carrot juice in lemon juice ends the problem of reduced urination. Due to which kidney disorders and inflammation are also cured.
- Lemon is beneficial in problems caused by pregnancy.
- Benefits of liver related disorders by the properties of lemon.
- You can mix lemon juice and sugar candy in lukewarm water and drink it as tea in the morning. Due to this, the problems occurring in the liver are cured properly.
- Liver related disorders are cured by taking lemon juice mixed with equal quantities of palandu juice.
- Mix 500 mg of roasted carom seeds in 5-10 ml lemon juice, and rock salt according to taste. Its consumption is beneficial in liver related diseases.
- Use of lemon beneficial for spleen enlargement
- Enlarged spleen becomes normal by eating lemon pickle.
- Spleen related disorders are cured by taking lemon juice mixed with equal quantities of palandu juice.
- Taking 500 mg ajwain, roasted in 5-10 ml lemon juice, and mixing rock salt according to taste, provides relief in diseases of the spleen.
- Lemon beneficial in the treatment of depression
- Depression is mostly caused by the aggravation of Vata dosha.
- Due to the properties of Vata in lemon, it helps in reducing the problem of depression.
- Benefits of consuming lemon to get relief from kidney stones.
Consumption of lemon prevents the formation of kidney stones because according to research, the lemon extract does not deposit calcium oxalate particles in the kidney.
Lemon benefits in heart health
Due to the vitamin C and antioxidant properties in lemon, it is also beneficial for the heart.
Lemon is beneficial in getting relief from anemia.
By taking lemon in the disease of anemia, it works to increase the amount of iron in the blood because it is rich in vitamin C which works to remove the iron deficiency.
Benefits of lemon in increasing immunity
Due to the rich amount of vitamin C in lemon, it also works to increase your immunity.
- Lemonade is beneficial to avoid pollution.
- Lemon being a good digestive, it keeps your digestion healthy. Along with this, it also helps in purification of the body. Hence it also helps in protecting from pollution.
- Treatment of joint pain with lemon.
- Taking 1-3 ml lemon juice at an interval of 4-5 hours provides relief in joint pain.
- Taking a glass of lemon juice mixed with a little ginger and a little black salt, it provides relief in arthritis or joint pain.
Benefits of lemon to bring down fever
Mix 20 ml lemon juice, 20 ml absinthe decoction, and take, it ends seasonal fever.
Mixing equal quantities of palandu juice in lemon fruit juice and taking it cures severe fever.
Benefits of lemon on insect bites.
The use of lemon is beneficial for the bites of poisonous insects and mosquitoes. Lemon juice should be applied to insect bites.
Benefits of lemon for bee bite
Mixing lemon juice and black salt in place of bee bites.
It provides relief from pain caused by bee bites.
Benefits of lemon for scorpion sting
Grind 9 grams of lemon seeds and 8 grams of rock salt and mix it. Consuming it provides relief from scorpion stings.
Useful parts of lemon
Lemon can be used as
lemon tree leaves
How to use lemon
You can benefit by using lemon in many diseases, but use lemon as medicine only as per the advice of the doctor.
Where is lemon found or grown?
Lemon is cultivated all over India. People plant their trees in their homes and gardens.